Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Yep, I'm Handsome

Nolan has needed a haircut for awhile now - too shaggy for my liking. He decided on the way to get his haircut that he wanted a new style. "Making my hair spiky is cool". We cut it shorter than we ever had before and made it spiky. The entire time he was getting his haircut, he was staring in the mirror. When his hair was spiked to his liking, he got down from the chair and just stood in front of the mirror examining it. About a minute later, he exclaimed "Yep, I'm handsome". I tried really hard not to laugh, because let's face it - he is handsome. :) But the fact that a 5 year old would admire himself and declare himself handsome is hilarious to me. I seriously thought that I wouldn't have to deal with this from a boy. When did boys become so vain? I thought that was a girl trait. Boys are supposed to get down and roll around in the dirt and not care? At least until he is a teen, right? Not Nolan - he likes to play, but he wants to look good while he is doing it. Oh goodness...I can only imagine what the teen years are going to bring.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute and funny. My son LOVES to stare at himself in the mirror

    http://2bestfriendschubbyroadtoskinny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete